Thursday, March 26, 2009

Love Letter to a Ladder

Yesterday was a nice reminder to stay with simplicity. Sometimes I ride around forever, looking for just the right thing, because I want the new stuff to be different than the old.

But yesterday was a reminder that what is new arises from my own curiosity and discovery, rather than finding the perfect obstacle. IMP-Style is everywhere, available from the simplest arrangements of features.



I ended the day at a construction site, in the middle of Beverly Blvd., and spent some time getting to know some inanimate objects, including a shovel, sledge hammer, and a six-step ladder.

2 comments:

  1. Man, its only a matter of time before you're on the evening news as "that guy on the railings"

    The ladder did have some cool, simple balance points...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's how "Stickman" came about. I used to juggle my staff at the beach all the time, until one day I was walking there and some beach regular, who didn't know my real name, yelled out: "hey, it's the stick man!"

    So maybe I'll get known a new nickname, as: "climbs all over everything like a dancing fool" man.

    ReplyDelete