Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Stair Sign Sled

Another dream of mine: to sled down concrete stairs on some object that would keep me safe. Found the stairs, four flights down to the 101 from Western Ave. Turns out there's a bus stop on the 101, and easy access up. I looked around for something to sled down it, but the padded cushion belonged to a homeless woman ("That's mine!"), and the pallet, my original idea of a sled, was on a flatbed truck, so its use was clearly theft, and possibly destruction of property.

But then I found a fiberglass street horse, property of LADOT, so I figured: "not quite theft, not quite vandalism, hope it survives". And it did, as did I, thanks to robust construction standards. God bless the DOT.



Of course, I put it back, just a little worse for the wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment