Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Metro Bus Yard

Yesterday, I finally realized a dream, of shooting onboard an L.A. Metro bus.

The Metro yard has been a magnet to me, for some time, but the buses are all locked away behind a fence, and there are plenty of workers in that area.

I was riding Z around the lower east-side of downtown, but not finding anything that called to me, that wasn't well-populated. I wanted to take advantage of it being Saturday, to do something I might not otherwise have access to. And that made me think about the buses.
Photobucket

I was able to slide camera and tripod through a small gap under the fence, but I had to go over it, myself. Evidently, there were workers there, because I saw one riding by while I was in a bus, but none seemed to see me.



I started dancing in the first bus, and was on my third take when I heard the electric hum of a utility cart, riding by. Thankfully, the worker was heading the other way, because I could see the back of his head clearly. It made me realize that, if he came back the same way, he would likely see me, and the gig would be up, so I moved to another bus, and got the driver's seat shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment